Come work SECURITY at the Grand Canyon North Rim!
Grand Canyon National Park
- Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim, Arizona
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jun 19, 2019)
Grand Canyon Lodge at North Rim has been designated as a historic landmark and is located right on the edge of the Grand Canyon. Amazing Canyon views, tons of outdoor activities, unique wildlife, and a diverse workforce are all part of what makes working at Grand Canyon North Rim so awesome! Our Ideal Candidate has a positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and is seeking the experience of living and working in a beautiful remote setting. Grand Canyon Lodge at North Rim is located at an elevation of 8000 feet. Your ability and willingness to work at a high elevation and a remote location are important factors in our hiring process.
- Night Position - 10 pm - 6 am 5 days a week
- Discount on Room & Board
- Clean Driving Record Required
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Security Officer is responsible for the safety of individuals and property and enforcement of company policy.
- Ensures the safety of employees and guests and enforces company policies at assigned events, posts, and routes.
- Investigates guest and employee complaints.
- Acts in a professional and non-confrontational manner including when interacting with combative or intoxicated individuals.
- Prepares a written report of the night's activities for management including times, dates, names and/or descriptions of people involved in incidents.
- Understands fire notification and evacuation plan, use of fire extinguishing equipment, and emergency medical notification procedures.
- May be required to drive throughout property and surrounding areas to detect security and safety hazards and provide a presence to deter vandalism and theft.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Front Desk in providing guest service including escorting late arriving guest to their rooms; delivery items to guest rooms such as rollaway beds, linen, etc.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Excellent employee and guest relation skills.
- Ability to learn radio language and operational skills.
- Ability to read, write, listen, and speak English.
- Knowledge of assigned lodging facility and area.
- A valid driver's license may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to perform manual physical labor inside and outside even in inclement weather.
- Climb stairs, ladders, walk on a variety of surfaces and stand for extended periods of time.
- Kneel; bend; stoop; turn/twist; and reach down, forward and overhead repetitively.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous experience in security and/or law enforcement preferred
The company reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”