A SAFE bet for job SECURITY- Public Safety Officer!
Stunning views of the Teton Mountains and some of the Best Wildlife-Viewing in Jackson Hole
- Jackson Lake Lodge, Grand Teton Lodge Company, Wyoming
- $12.50 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jun 21, 2019)
Have you always been interested in security operations? Are you interested in a future position in law enforcement? Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park, ensuring that each of our guests has an Experience of a Lifetime? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, “Yes” to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Public Safety Officer helps to provide a variety of loss control services to GTLC, its employees, and its guests. These services fall into the areas of fire, life safety, industrial safety, and security and include 24-hour coverage in guest areas/activities and employee housing. Public Safety Officers respond promptly and professionally to guest and employee requests and emergency situations, realizing that these will not always fall within the scope of departmental responsibilities. Public Safety Officers are prepared to do what is necessary to handle problems and be aware of the need for special attention to guest relations. This position generally works a 40-48 hours work week, early May through October.
The “must haves” for this position include:
- Possess the ability to maintain confidential information – both written and verbal
- Possess a current certification in CPR/AED and First Aid at Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer Level
- Possess valid US Driver’s License, and the ability to pass a motor vehicle record check
- Functional use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic written communication skills (grammar and spelling)
- Absence of criminal record in recent past. Absence of felony record.
- Must be 21 years of age
We prefer that you additionally have the following skills / experience, but it is not required:
- Previous experience in loss prevention (specifically in hospitality and/or college setting), surveillance, law enforcement desired