Outdoor Nature enthusiasts - LAKE LOUISE, ALASKA - Is the place to come!!!
Lake Louise is piece of paradise for people who enjoy the outdoors.
- Lake Louise, Alaska (Approximately 43 miles from Glennallen)
- $12.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jun 17, 2019)
Lake Louise Lodge is now hiring for a lodge position. This is primarily a full-time position (32-40 hours per week) primarily includes housekeeping, kitchen prep/cleaning, light cooking and relief bartending. The lodge is family run and the small staff are not only co-workers, but friends and neighbors as well. A flexible applicant with a friendly positive attitude is a MUST to be a part of the team.
Employees that join our team for the season will be given an orientation by their direct supervisor. We try to make lodge life as comfortable, easy-going, and fun as we can. Some rules are strict and will be absolutely enforced, as with our no-drug policies (including marijuana) and do not center our social activities on alcohol.
It is very important to us that employees remain with us for the duration of their contracted period, as it is critical to our success to employ a full staff for the entire season.
FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT
We work hard but also have the opportunity to play hard living in such close proximity to amazing backcountry. Fishing, boating, camping, hiking, backpacking, rafting, hunting, photography, birdwatching, swimming in the summer and snowmachining, fatbiking, crosscountry skiing, snowshoeing, and ice fishing in the winter months. The outdoors options are endless here at Lake Louise. In the summer the sunlight at all hours there are plenty of chances to play before/after work and on your two days off. Some activities are literally out your front porch, but a car is highly recommended (but not necessary) if you would like to explore more of what Alaska has to offer as there are some incredible places within just a couple of hours drive from our semi-remote location which include white-water rafting, fishing charters, glacier trekking, four-wheeling excursions to name a few. Most cell phone carriers have service in our area but the employees are encouraged to check with their carriers prior to arrival.
It is imperative to have committed team members who can fully focus on the lodge and work at hand. This is a tourist-based industry and we need someone who is excellent with customer service and willing to go the extra mile for our guests to maintain our high standards of service. Willingness to be flexible with your hours is important within the 32-40 hour work week schedule.
- Transportation to/from Anchorage International Airport
- Lodge stay discounts for family and friends (depending on availability)
- Employee food discount at the lodge restaurant
- Use of canoe, kayak, bike, and fishing equipment for local lake use
- Use of laundry facilities (need your own soap and dryer sheets)
- Free WIFI available for personal laptop
ROOM AND BOARD
The lodge provides optional on-site housing for its employees who are 18 years of age or older with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Rules and policies are in place to ensure a quality, enjoyable living experience for everyone. A monthly housing fee of $150 per person will be deducted from the employee's paycheck while living in employee housing. Housing consists of a small dry cabin. Breakfast is provided off our restaurant complimentary menu and family style dinners available for no charge. Other meals will be the financial responsibility of the employee.
WHAT TO BRING
Average summer temperatures are 65 degrees but living in Alaska, climates can vary from one day to the next, some suggestions are:
- Alarm Clock (battery operated)
- Personal hygiene items to include any medications
- Snacks (the closest store is approximately 1 hour away from the lodge)
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets
- Waterproof hiking boots - if you plan on exploring the backcountry
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket
- Sweaters and warm fleece
- Swimming attire for enjoying Lake Louise
- Running Shoes (if you are a jogger)~40 flex time hours per week with 2 days off a week
Winter gear to include but not limited to snow gear, snow pants, snow boots, winter gloves, and hat. If you have any of your own winter equipment such as snowshoes, skis etc. would recommend bringing them along.
PAY AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Hourly pay $12.00 plus tip share. Gratuities are shared amongst all staff including working managers. Paydays are monthly and checks will be available to the employees by the 5th of each month.
- Must be 21 years old or older (bartending requirements)
- Alcohol Serving Card (TAPS) and Food Handlers Card Required (can be obtained at any time prior to start date)
How To Apply
This position is available immediately and ends in mid/end September. All employees must pass a comprehensive background check.