General Manager needed for historic National Park Inn at Mount Rainier
Beautiful Mount Rainier National Park in Washington State!
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Apr 21, 2019)
The General Manager is responsible for the direction of hotel staff, provide excellence in all hotel operations, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, organization, cost control, and sales. Maintain control of all areas of the hotel, including rooms, food service, and
retail. This is a hands-on position in order to lead and inspire managers and employees daily. The General Manager cultivates a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The General Manager motivates, instills accountability, and achieves results to drive success in the unit.
- Monitor, problem solve, and direct managers and employees to ensure efficient and safe completion of all daily tasks.
- Train, on-board, and schedule staff; manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of inspections, inventories, staff evaluations, etc.
- Conduct regular manager meetings and pre-shift meetings with front line associates ensuring clear and direct communication for the shift.
- Attend and participate in Safety & Environmental meetings and National Park
- Under guidance of Operations Manager and Retail Manager, participate in and provide working direction for pre/post season setup/teardown of unit operations.
- Manage payroll and applicable site specific budget.
- Maintain operation records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports.
- Ensure that cash controls standards are met in cash handling and safe accountability ensuring accuracy, organization and security.
- Ensure health and sanitation guidelines are followed and standards are consistently met in F & B units.
- Ensure strong attention in food presentation, portion controls, and quality of
- Ensure stock levels are consistently met through-out the operations ensuring
availability in product and ease of shopping with strong attention to merchandizing programs.
- Maintain a clean, sanitized and well organized operation.
- Communicate and interact regularly and professionally with numerous people including Guest Services administrative staff and National Park Service representatives to ensure efficient operation of hotel.
- Forecast and analyze sales, labor, and profit; and ensure compliance with established budget.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify District Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Act as Company’s point of contact with client. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s, Hospitality, or Business Degree preferred.
- Two years (National Park Inn) restaurant and hotel experience required.
- National park hotel operations experience strongly preferred.
- Able to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal.
- Possesses or is able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager and MAST/TIPS certifications required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard hospitality facility equipment.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others) combination safe.
- Reservations and Retail POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.