Put your maintenance experience and skills to good use at Mount Rainier National Park!
Ancient forests, alpine meadows, waterfalls, and a volcano!
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 12, 2019)
The Maintenance Specialist assists by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, electrical equipment, systems and works directly with Longmire and Paradise area maintenance mechanics on routine janitorial facilities maintenance. Participates in snow removal activities as needed.
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the assigned unit’s operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Seasonal snow removal at Longmire and Paradise as needed. Operate and maintain snow blower.
- Clean carpets at Longmire and Paradise facilities as needed.
- Operate and maintain Host and Auqatron carpet cleaning systems.
- Steam clean window screens, rubber hallway runners and garbage room as needed.
- Assist in painting projects, prep work and clean up.
- Install or remove shutters.
- Stock and stack firewood at Paradise Inn.
- Routine plumbing repairs - faucet washers, use of snake, plunger, etc.
- Exterior grounds maintenance, all facilities.
- Light replacement as needed, all facilities.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems as necessary.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively, write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Appearance must be in compliance with company guidelines.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility.
- Must be able to navigate tight crawl spaces.
- Exposure to wet floors occurs.
- Must be able to work in temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments, cold, icy or snowy conditions, with elevations up to 6400 feet.
- Must be able to work on a ladder and above shoulder height.
- Must be able to work weekends and be on-call.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, and common sense.
- Must live in local community or in park.
- Must be able to adapt to the isolation of national park life.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
- As assigned and provided my Maintenance Manager, repair equipment. Hand and electric tools.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, chemical resistant apron, dust mask, respirator, ear muff/plugs, hard hat