Looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager in Mount Rainier National Park!
Ancient forests, alpine meadows, waterfalls, and a volcano!
- Mount Rainier National Park, Washington
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (May 12, 2019)
Reports to and assists Chief of Maintenance in all phases of hotel and restaurant building and restaurant equipment maintenance.
- Promotes the spirit and intent of Guest Services Hospitality Standards.
- Supervise ongoing summer and winter project lists. Delegate duties and perform follow-up inspections.
- Routine restaurant equipment repairs.
- Coordinate and implement winterization of all Guest Services-operated buildings. Work directly with Chief of Maintenance in coordinating and completion of opening and closing procedures for all facilities.
- During winter participate in snow removal duties using snow shovel, walk-behind snow blower, and John Deere 350B using safety equipment as needed or directed.
- Check/maintain fire systems - smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, dry sprinkler systems.
- On-going refrigeration repairs as needed - trouble shooting, leak detection, recharging, installing of metering devices, evaporator fans and compressors.
- Daily check of snow removal priorities with appropriate action taken to endure guest and employee safety.
- Work directly with the Chief of Maintenance and Warehouse Manager in ordering needed supplies on a timely basis.
- In absence of Chief of Maintenance, work directly with the Warehouse Manager in ordering needed supplies on a timely basis.
- Work directly with Chief of Maintenance in keeping accurate files on assigned systems. Keep Chief of Maintenance copied in a timely manner on status of any "call back" projects performed
- Fill in for Chief of Maintenance during vacations, illness or other absences.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High school graduate. Secondary education preferred.
- Industrial low-pressure boiler experience and/or schooling certification.
- Restaurant refrigeration experience and/or schooling certification.
- Proven ability to work on ladders or on man lift. Operation of snow cat.
- Thoroughly familiar with all phases of plumbing, carpentry, electrical and refrigeration repairs.
- Possess automobile and valid Washington State driver's license, and clean driving record
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Appearance must be in compliance with company guidelines.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility.
- Must be able to navigate tight crawl spaces.
- Exposure to wet floors occurs.
- Must be able to work in cold, icy or snowy conditions, with elevations up to 6400 feet.
- Must be able to work on a ladder and above shoulder height. Must be able to lift 50 pounds periodically.
- Must be able to work weekends and be on-call.
- Must be service and safety oriented.
- Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, humor, and common sense.
- Must live in local community or in park. Must be able to adapt to the isolation of national park life.
- Must provide own hand tools. Company provides shop equipment such as table saw, bench grinder, pipe threading equipment, etc.