Outdoor Learning Center - Seasonal Dining Services Coordinator
Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley
- Luray, Virginia
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Mar 17, 2019)
Job Summary: Under the Direction of the Director of the Outdoor Learning Center, candidate will oversees the daily operation of Mountain Campus Dining Service to include: front and back of house kitchen operations, ordering, cleaning and accommodation of special diets.
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory, ordering, and receiving of all food and non-food supplies for the Mountain Camp dining operation.
- Purchase any food or non-food items as needed from local suppliers’ i.e. Walmart, Costco, Camp Horizons etc.
- Comply with and maintain sanitation standards as put forth by the local Board of Health, ACA (American Camping Association) and Serve Safe as a minimum standard. Insuring that safe food handling practices are being strictly observed i.e. Cross contamination of raw and cooked product, proper thawing, cooking, cooling and holding practices,
- Insure all safety measures are being followed to provide a clean and safe work environment for staff and customer’s
- Ensure that leftovers are being utilized in a sanitary and economical way, employing the use of time/temperature guidelines for cooling, storing, and reheating as directed by department of health and serve safe.
- Monitors all cold storage holding equipment daily to ensure perishables are being maintained at the proper cold storage minimum. Per health code and serve-safe guidelines.
- Acts as customer liaison for dining services regarding any special dietary needs required by our customers.
- Maintains a positive work environment with all levels of the organization and guests.
- Oversees and prepares special meals per request i.e.: family weekend meals, camp outs, canoe trips, lake trips, cook outs, and any other food service need required by our customers
- Maintains kitchen and dining room equipment in safe, clean working order.
- Coordinate with OLC Director if help is needed to assist dining services with food production or other needs.
- Ensures that all dining service areas are cleaned and secured at the end of service for the day.
- Utilizes and updates weekly rotational menu with supervisor approval.
- Maintains food quality standards and procedures.
- Assists in kitchen at other Horizons facilities in a supporting role including but not limited Mountain Valley, Valley pike, and Camp Horizons. Front of the house needs and delivery as needed
- Oversees and actively participates in dining room set up and breakdown for each event, serving breakfast lunch, and dinner for guests.
- Other duties as required