A new adventure awaits in Big Sky, Montana! The Wilson Hotel - Residence Inn opening May 30th!
Located only 10 minutes away from Big Sky Ski Resort and 50 minutes away from Yellowstone National Park. Minutes away from Gallatin River that offers Blue Ribbon Trout fishing and whitewater rafting.
- Big Sky, Montana
- $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (May 20, 2019)
Our Company provides competitive wages, continuous training, and career development opportunities for our associates. Our associate benefits package includes:
Group, Dental & Vision
Competitive insurance plan! The company pays 2/3 of premiums
401k Savings Plan (FT and PT associates)
Company match $ - $ first 3% contributed; $0.50 match for additional 2% contributed
Paid Holidays (FT and PT associates)
Seven (7) Paid Holidays
Hotel Room Discounts (FT and PT associates)
Brand and Urgo managed hotels
Job Description: Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous services, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay. Assist guests efficiently and courteously in all functions, while projecting high standards of service and professional hospitality at all times.
Assist guests by:
- Properly assign room locations, rate room selling strategies, and guaranteed or requested room types.
- Have daily knowledge of groups or functions in-house and local current events.
- Understand qualified discounts, their availability, and application of vouchers.
- Accurately handle future and same day reservations or take walk-in guests.
- Check-in and check-out guests in a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assist guests with safe deposit box use at Front Desk.
- Post, correct, or adjust charges to guest account as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel credit, cash in advance, and check cashing procedures.
- Maintain accuracy in cash handling procedures.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Familiar with frequently used Standard Operations Procedures.
- Basic knowledge of how to operate all Front Office equipment. Ability to solve basic equipment problems and/ or who contact for resolution.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Actively identify barriers and attempt to resolve within the team.
- Nurture team and teamwork concept.
- Trained on all hotel emergency procedures, equipment, and utility shutoffs.
- Assist the hotel operation by completing the following responsibilities:
- Blocking rooms for the same day based on: VIP’s, specific location or views guaranteed to groups.
- Communicate with Manager regarding status of groups.
- Communicate with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting VR rooms.
- Run hourly house counts and confirm selling strategy with Manager/ Supervisor.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to Manager/ Supervisor and team members both verbally and in writing via logbook. Update as necessary.
- Pass-on pertinent information to next shift. Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities.
- Familiar with property, departments, hours of operation, and services of the hotel.
- Answer phones within 3 rings using proper greeting and etiquette.
- Understand and carry out specific duties for: fire alarms, bomb threats, and medical emergencies.
- Ability to make long distance, international, or special billing telephone calls.
- Receive and deliver clear and professional messages in PMS and offer assistance with voice mail.
- Answer basic Front Office related questions.
- Properly send, receive, and log faxes in a timely manner.
- Properly accept, log, and maintain mail in an organized manner.
- Report, log, and follow-up on telephone equipment malfunctions.
- Confirm, record, and deliver wake-up calls (using manual sheet and/ or switchboard).
- Use and explain the use of TDD equipment for hearing impaired.
- Assist team in completing daily responsibilities.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Personal and business conversations among associates should be stopped in order to assist guests.
- Remain highly visible and be readily available for guests at all times.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm when interacting with guests.
- Demonstrate discretion when dealing with confidential guest matters.
How to Apply
Please contact Minsun Robillard at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 808-269-1745.